Angela A Thomas

Proposed Book Cover Design

April 17, 2007 · 6 Comments

Youth Online

This is the proposed book cover design for my book!!!  Yay!!!  Finally its *almost* here.  I am very excited now to be this close :)

Categories: Virtual Worlds · cyberculture · digital fiction · personal
Tagged: academic life, adolescents, art, avatars, blogging, education, fanfiction, feminism, gaming, identity, linguistics, literacy, new literacies, personal, secondlife, semiotics, the body, visual literacy

6 responses so far ↓

• RWB // April 17, 2007 at 2:46 am

Wow! That is a truly Angel-lous cover!!! Gratz!!! ^_^

• Kelli // April 17, 2007 at 2:52 am

Wow, that cover looks awesome! Will a picture of Anya go inside the dust jacket :)

• Heidi // April 18, 2007 at 7:36 am

I love this cover … sooooooo cool! Very nice. When is the book supposed to be released?

• Peter Rasmussen // April 18, 2007 at 1:13 pm

Hello Angela

I’m not sure how much of the machinima community is aware that Nanoflix is about to release a DVD of Stolen Life an 80min machinima movie starring Claudia Black playing a strong female heroin. It has been three years in the making. The most successful machinima has tended to be short form like Red vs Blue. If Stolen Life does well with the general movie audience it could have a very interesting impact on machinima as it is at the moment.

As I’m sure you can appreciate the firs few weeks are very important to the release of a long form machinima movie such as this. I would appreciate any commentary or thoughts you would like to put out to the machinima community and to your students.

Stolen Life

Kind regards

Peter

Peter Rasmussen
    Nanoflix Productions

• Jess // April 21, 2007 at 2:32 am

What a gorgeous cover. It looks so tactile…can’t wait to read it.

• Angela Thomas // April 25, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Heidi: I am hoping the book will be released by June but it may be July as the production schedule is pretty tight.